This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods
Instant Pot Pot Roast.. That name just slides off the tongue right? Let’s try this again. Instant Pot Roast. That’s better!
This Pot Roast is prepared in minutes, done in an bout an hour in the instant pot, and huge flavor and has all the benefits of a bone broth! I’m using Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone Broth that is slow-simmered from beef bones of cattle raised on organic pastures with vegetables and seasonings.
It’s the perfect add for this recipe and naturally adds plenty of flavor to this pot roast! After sauteing the chuck roast, dump in your potatoes and veggies, a carton of Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone Broth, and set to pressure cook!
For a 3 lb roast, which is all I could possibly fit into me IP, it took about 50 minutes to pressure cook along with a natural release, which didn’t take that long. Your mileage may vary, but I feel a good rule of thumb for a pot roast, is 30 minutes of pressure cook for 1 lb, then add 10 minutes for each additional pound.
I like using a good amount of beef bone broth to give your family options. I myself am a lite juice fan with my pot roast. My wife on the other hand want that poured on . Almost to the point of it being a soup. So have plenty of that juice for the fam!
Want more IP recipes? Check them out here!
Instant Pot Roast with Beef Bone Broth
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 32 oz Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone Broth
- 1/2 lb baby red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp thyme
- With your IP preheating to Saute, roughly chop onion and celery. season chuck roast with 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Brown chuck roast in the IP until brown on both side, then add potatoes, veggies and Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone Broth.
- Add remaining salt and thyme, cover lid and set to Pressure cook for 50 minutes. Once done, naturally release pressure (meaning press the release and walk away) Once the pressure lock releases, your ready to serve. Enjoy!