Honey Sriracha Beer Glaze – sounds amazing right? Put it over some crispy baked chicken wings and you have a match made in heaven – it’s a great game day treat!
These chicken wings are baked for about 50 minutes with a light coating of baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Just enough to give them some flavor to stand on their own.
They’re so crispy you’d think they were fried – soo freaking good! Then add the sweet, tangy and spicy honey sriracha with a little lime beer in them? It’s exactly what you want on the table to much on while watching the game with your boiz.
Yep. I said boiz…
But who am I kidding, I’ll be enjoying these honey Sriracha chicken wings by myself, in front of the tv, yelling at it because the latest housewife drama is just too much for me to take – like, the evens that I can are zero.
The trick to getting these chicken wings crispy is two fold – the baking powder and the high heat of the oven. The combination helps dry out the skin so well that makes is so crispy and delicious!
I also put them on a cooling rack int he over to keep them separated from any grease so that it gets super crispy!
And the glaze in no way makes them less crispy, you get a bite that is full of texture and flavor that really make these chicken wings something you’ll want to add to your arsenal of recipes to make on a Sunday!
Honey Sriracha Glazed Crispy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
Crispy Baked Party Wings with Honey Sriracha Beer Glaze
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic power
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for ganish
Honey Sriracha Beer Glaze
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup beer I used a lime beer
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. In a mixing bowl with your chicken wings, add baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Toss under evenly coated
- Place your chicken wings on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes
- While the wings are baking, melt your butter and whisk in flour in a pan on medium heat.
- Mix in sriracha, honey, and beer.
- Simmer for about 3-5 minutes until thickened up.
- When your wings are done, place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add your honey sriracha glaze, about 1/4 cup at a time, and toss until you have the desired amount of glaze.
- Serve and Enjoy!