Weekend mornings are what I live for. It used to be for sleeping in, but now with a child in the house, its nothing but that. Now it’s for making special breakfasts like this hashbrown breakfast pizza!
When you have a picky eater, getting them excited for food is tricky, but when they are excited, you know you’ve hit the jackpot! Making anything a pizza gets my son excited. Especially when he gets to help make it.
I’ve partnered up with Ralphs and Simple truth to share my simple truth – and it’s cooking with my son. If I can find any way to incorporate him in the cooking process he gets really excited about eating! The easier I can make a meal for him to help out with the better.
I used some fully cooked bacon from Simple Truth to help make things a little easier to manage a toddler in the kitchen. I did my part by baking the hashbrowns and cooking the eggs, now its his turn to help out by topping the hashbrown crust with cheese and bacon.
My son, Brayden, gets so excited when he gets to help out which makes me smile. I’ve found it also helps get him more enticed to eat, but i mean who isn’t going to eat a breakfast pizza?!
It’s just something fun to do to bond with my son, plus it keeps him out of trouble for 5 minutes. No losers in this situation!
This is where that stash of hot sauce packets that you hoard from fast food restaurants come in handy. I LOVE topping my hashbrown breakfast pizza with those packets. Brayden loves ketchup on his. Mom? She just likes it plain.
So, Whats your simple truth?
Thanks to Ralphs and Simple Truth for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own
Hashbrown Breakfast Pizza
- 8 oz instant hash browns
- 2 oz Simple Truth Fully Cooked Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon about 8 strips
- 8 whole eggs
- 4 oz shredded cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. After you've hydrated your hash browns, assort them on an oiled baking sheet to resemble a pizza crust. Drizzle about 2 tbsp oil on top. Bake for about 20 minutes
- While the hashbrowns are baking, cooked your eggs scrambled, grate cheese and chop bacon into 1 inch bits.
- When the hashbrowns are done baking, take them out of the oven. Top with eggs, cheese, bacon and any other toppings you like. Place in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bacon is crispy.
- Cut, serve and top with your favorite salsa! Enjoy!