This grilled flank steak summer salad with mango vinaigrette has got flavors coming in from left and right, You have grilled flank steak and mushrooms for a hearty bites. Fresh summer fruits and topped with a mango vinaigrette for a little sweet and tangy flavors.
It’s the perfect way to get summer started!
To make this there’s really no EXACT recipe here, choose your favorite steak – I’m going with a flank because it has loads of flavor and chars so nicely.
Then add some grilled mushroom for a little “steak and mushrooms’ vibe type thing going on. Then add your favorite summer fruits
I’m going with kiwi, blood orange, strawberries and mango.
The mango vinaigrette can be made up to 30 minutes before, but can be done up to a week in advanced if you want to use it for other things as well .
I used my wife’s juicer that I picked up for her celery juicing habit to try and remove some fiber from the mango for the dressing.
You could use a blender or even just grab some mango juice if you’d like.
Its some white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and a little garlic and parsely for some added flavor.
This summer salad is so easy to put together and tastes amazing!
Grill up your steak and mushrooms. While they’re grilling slice up your fruit, then throw it all together! The best part is the steak can cool a little bit and you’ve still got a great summer salad so there’s no rush either!
Which is perfect when you’re a slob in the kitchen and tear it up when on a time crunch!
Flank Steak Salad With Mango Vinaigrette
- 16 cremini mushrooms
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb spring salad mix
- 1 mango sliced
- 8 strawberries sliced
- 1 kiwi sliced
- 1 blood orange sliced
- 8 oz mango juice about 1 juiced/blended mango
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar white wine vinegar works too
- 1/4 cup italian parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced`
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional;
FOR THE MANGO VINAIGRETTE
- skin a mango, then run a knife along the edge of the seed to remove 2 halves. You can juice or blend the mango to create the juice.
- Pour mango juice into a small mason jar along with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, parsley, garlic salt and red pepper flakes. Close the lid, shake and place in the fridge. Store up to 1 week.
FOR THE SALAD
- Lightly season flank steak with salt pepper and garlic powder. Grill over direct heat for about 2-3 minutes per side. Move to indirect heat and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 140 for medium doneness. Let steak rest for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to skewers. coat mushrooms in a little olive oil and salt and pepper Grill over direct heat; about 5-7 minutes
- Slice flank steak in about 1/2 inch slices against the grain. Place spring salad mix in a bowl and top with sliced fruit and steak. Add skewers of mushrooms to the bowl and serve with mango vinaigrette. Enjoy!