One of my favorite summer time meals is sausage and peppers. They’re amazing in a bun, or just on there own. And if you want to make them all on the grill? Bust out the foil pack!
Foil packs make weeknight meals a breeze. For sausage and peppers, I like to char sausage links just enough to leave some grill marks, then through the sausage and peppers in foil packs and leave them on the grill to do their thing. Super hands off and easy to manage when you get home from work!
I like using good sausage links, and a combination of bell peppers, red onion, shallots, and sometimes a spicy pepper or two depending on the heat I feel like. And if you want to change it up a little, add some bbq sauce into the foil pack to add some other flavor.
This is a type of meal I love to eat when I’m going to be at the house by myself. It’s no fuss, nothing fancy, but man is it delicious! I’m such a huge fan of the taste of bell-peppers and onions, with a little salt and pepper, combined with the flavors of a sausage link. It’s like a grown up hot dog, but no bun. So I can eat twice as much!
If you have other fans of sausage and peppers, in the house, you’ve gotta throw some foil packs together and try this one out. The best part, it they make amazing leftovers. On day 2 I like to reheat the sausages and baste them in BBQ sauce. SO GOOD!
Grilled Sausage and Peppers Foil Packs
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 small shallot
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 whole sausage links or a large sausage pack with the link cut into 4
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oilive oil
- Heat up your grill. Slice bell peppers, onion, shallots. Place the sausage links on the grill.
- In a 18"x18" square (or thereabouts) of tin foil place your peppers and onions in the center along with olive oil and pepper. Repeat until you have the amount of foil packs desired.
- Take the sausage links off the grill and place 2 in each foil pack. Wrap the foil packs up, and place back on the grill. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Take the foil packs off the grill and enjoy!