Every now and then I like to get a little absurd with my recipes. Put a Pepperoni Pizza, Grilled Cheese sandwich, and waffle iron alone in a room and what do you get? Besides a bad dad joke, an amazing lunch!
If you’re looking to make a quick, easy and fun after school snack, lunch, dinner, maybe even breakfast, using a waffle iron to make a grilled cheese pepperoni sandwich has got to be the easiest way to do it.
What took me to make about 4 grilled cheese waffle sandwiches on the waffle iron is about what it would have taken me to cook about 1 or two on my cast iron skillet.
To make these pepperoni pizza waffle sandwiches, it takes very little effort and ingredients, some sourdough bread with a little melted butter, some garlic seasoning, slices of mozzarella, pepperoni, and a little pizza sauce and you’ve got the key to becoming the best dad ever!
It comes out of the waffle iron, oozing with cheese – even a little cheese skirt if you work your magic right. And the flavor and texture is phenomenal.
Unless you’re a picky 4 year old that is on the defense when it textures and shapes that aren’t to norm. Then it takes a little coaxing.
Seriously – who has to bribe their toddler to eat a grilled cheese sandwich?!
I’m definitely a fan of using my waffle iron to make grilled cheese sandwiches. I wonder what else I can come up with…
Grilled Pepperoni Pizza Waffle Sandwich
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni more to taste
- 1 tsp garlic seasonic to sprinkle on the bread
- 4 tbsp pizza sauce
- Preheat waffle iron about the the medium-high setting. Melt butter in a pan on low heat. Pour butter into a small cup.
- Brush butter on to one side of the bread, sprinkle with garlic seasoning and place butter side down on to waffle iron. take a spoonful of pizza sauce and spread on the bread.
- Add 1 slice mozzarella, 4 pepperoni, another slice of mozzarella, then a little more pizza sauce on top. Cover with the top slice of bread. Brush on a little more butter on top of the bread with some garlic seasoning.
- Press waffle iron down firmly to begin cooking and pressing sandwich into the shape of a waffle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until bread is golden brown. Repeat until all sandwiches are made. Enjoy!!