I’m a little sad that summer is coming to a close, as much as I’d like to say I’m going to miss grilling, I’m not going to get a chance to miss it because we never get winter out here. But for all you folks that actually get four seasons, these grilled peaches are for you!
Peaches are on a amazingly good sale this weekend, so I had to stock up and make one of my favorite desserts on the grill. I’m normally a huge peach cobbler fan, these grilled peaches are the next best thing!
The smokiness from the grill along with this cinnamon rum glaze I threw together is perfect for Labor Day, the holiday where summer starts winding down, and we start celebrating the season of PSL’s…
This has a summer meets fall vibe to it, with granola topped over it and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it feels like a grilled peach cobbler. And if you’re in the entertaining spirit this long weekend, these grilled peaches with rum sauce smothered all over them are perfect!
If you want to make this a tad bit more boozy for the adults, I highly recommend letting your peaches soak in rum overnight to make them drunken grilled peaches, plus you’ll have some peach flavored rum to make cocktails too!
Also, I’m super excited that fall is around the corner, I want to know what your favorite meal, or way to transition from summer to fall?!
Grilled Peaches With Cinammon Rum Sauce
- 4 whole peaches halved
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- in a skillet, melt down butter, dark rum, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Grill on high until it begins to boil and take off direct heat, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- While the rum sauces is reducing, cut your peaches in half and remove the pit.
- place over direct heat face down, basting the peaches with some of the rum sauce. Be careful for flareups since the alcohol wont be fully cooked out at this point. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until a nice char has developed
- Serve the peaches with the open half facing up; Cover with some granola.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and smother with the rum sauce. Enjoy!