We decided to have dinner outdoors since it was actually a cool day, so I decided to make a nice and easy salad with some grilled margarita shrimp, then added a spicy jalapeno cilantro dressing. It was to die for!
I decided to go with shrimp since it’s my favorite protein to cook up when I’m having a lazy dinner night. It defrosts quick, cooks quick, and is delicious no matter how you make it. Especially when you turn it into something special like margarita shrimp!
This grilled margarita shrimp has a kick to it with a little jalapeno and cayenne pepper, it’s great alone, but even better as a salad! I used the Southwestern Crunch Salad mix from Taylor Farms, to save some more time and this salad is perfect for the flavor profile of the margarita shrimp!
The textures from Romaine, Cabbage, Carrots, Cilantro and Green Onions in the Southwest Crunch Salad combined with the margarita shrimp is amazing and is like having a shrimp taco without the tortilla!
I love that Taylor Farms is a sustainable health conscious company, but you know what I love about them even more than that? The salads come pre-washed!
I don’t know about you, but I am a horrible salad washer. I can’t ever seem to get it dry enough. So taking their salad from container to table without washing is a huge bonus and time saver for me.
So to give this salad a little kick on top of the margarita shrimp, I added a quick and easy jalapeno cilantro dressing using Ranch dressing as a base. It adds a little heat and freshness at the same time.
If you happen to have any leftovers from the margarita shrimp salad, this will make an amazing wrap for the next day. Just go grab some spinach tortilla wraps, add more dressing and you’re good to go for lunch!
That is, if you have any left over.
This post has been sponsored by Taylor Farms. As always, all opinions are my own!
Grilled Margarita Shrimp with Jalapeno Cilantro Dressing
Margarita Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound shrimp 16-20 count
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 whole lemon
- 1 whole lime
- 2 tbsp triple sec
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno chopped
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional if you want it spicy
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 package Taylor Farms Southwestern Crunch Salad
Jalapeno Cilantro Dressing
- 1/2 cup ranch
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 whole jalapeno
- 1/2 whole lime
- In a bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, triple sec, tequila, chopped garlic, chopped jalapeno, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne; stir.
- in a bag or baking dish pour the margarita marinade over thawed shrimp - add some cilantro and refrigerate for about 5-10 minutes (longer will give you more flavor)!
- While the shrimp is soaking in the flavor, add ranch, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeno to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and let set in the refrigerator.
- With your grill on high, grill your shrimp, on a rack so that it doesn't fall through the grates. (i use a cooling rack, it works great!) brush remaining marinade on shrimp and turn after 3 minutes, cook another 2-4 minutes until opaque brushing more marinade on as desired.
- Add Taylor Farms Southwestern Crunch Salad to a bowl, top with margarita shrimp and drizzle jalapeno cilantro dressing. Enjoy!