Grilled Halibut topped with a zesty grapefruit avocado salsa is a great way to add a little freshness to your weeknight dinner. This comes together really quick and has a ton of flavor that the fish lovers in your home will love!
Well it seems like summer is being forced out of style like theres no tomorrow. Seriously, I’ve already purchased my first Halloween decoration, and my wife has already done the rounds of pumpkin spicing.
It’s not even September yet!
And with that, I feel like I should wrap up the grills, but and say one last hurrah to summer with a fresh grilled dinner.
Grilled halibut with a grapefruit avocado salsa is the perfect recipe for the occasion.
Fortunately for the my grilling addiction, we live in a state that is seems to have an identity crisis over what season is what.
It rained up until June, which leads me to believe grill season will be getting some extra innings this year.
Or at least one could hope!
This grilled halibut is lightly seasoned with a little salt and a squeeze of lime for this recipe. I wanted the grapefruit salsa to shine and compliment the halibut rather than fighting over who was the star of the show.
The grapefruit avocado salsa has a TON of flavor. Its got a bite from the grapefruit, then a kick from the Serrano pepper to give it a little heat.
And if you’re not a huge grapefruit plan, try subbing with a blood orange. Either way its going to be amazing!
And if halibut is hard to find or if you want less expensive alternative, try tilapia or orange roughy. Any white fish that is sturdy will do!
Grilled Halibut With Grapefruit Avocado Salsa
- 1 large avocado
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 serrano pepper swap out with jalepeno if you want less heat
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 12 oz halibut filet about 6 oz per portion
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- Chopped grapefruit into bite size pieces and place in a bowl. Add chopped avocado, cilantro, serrano pepper, and red onion. Squeeze a lime and season with lemon to taste. Cover at let rest in the fridge.
- With your grill preheated to about 450F. Place halibut over direct heat and season with a little salt and lime juice. Grill for about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Top your halibut with the grapefruit avocado salsa, serve with a lime wedge and a side of rice and your favorite grilled vegetables. Enjoy!