If you’re like me, you can do green bean casserole, but in tiny doses. These green bean casserole muffin tin cups are the perfect way to get just a taste of that classic dish with a little spin on it!
This is the perfect spin on green bean casserole – the filling has cheddar cheese for an added oomph. Along with some red pepper flakes for some heat on the back.
Then I used pre-made thin crust pizza dough from the grocery store and cooked them in muffin tins to make the perfect side dish, or even appetizer for the fam!
Green bean casserole was always that dish people either love or hate.
I enjoy it, but like I said – just a spoonful and I’m good.
These on the other hand – I found myself grabbing a couple before the even finishing the shoot!
If you’re looking to turn green bean casserole on its head, throw some pizza dough in muffin tin and give that controversial Thanksgiving side dish new life!
If you need some more Thanksgiving recipe ideas, check out my Spatchcock Turkey recipe!
Green Bean Casserole Muffin Tin Cups
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 sheet pre-made thing crust pizza dough pie crust can work too
- 1 cup fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F . a bowl, combine green beans, cream of mushroom, cheddar, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and red pepper flakes. set aside
- roll out your sheet of pizza dough onto a flour dusted cutting board. cut into 12 equal parts. place each piece of dough into a buttered muffin tin. Spoon in green been filling. Top with fried onions.
- Bake for 15 minutes until dough is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve. Enjoy!