Fried Apples is nothing new, but when you’re on the keto diet, being able to get something sweet from time to time really keeps me going. I slathered it with some cinnamon butter sauce (so much butter with the keto diet, I love it!) and voila! I got a keto-friendly dessert!
I’m about halfway through my Operation Dad Bod Month 1. Eating on the keto diet can make you a little crazy from time to time if you’re a carbs sugar lover. It’s all the more reason to get creative from time to time. Personal Trainer food includes these awesome butter sauces that are all amazing. One that I couldn’t wrap my head around was the cinnamon explosion.
Its been a rough month too with the diet, I’ve been battling a cold, and we’re down to one car at the moment, so it’s been hard for me to get to the gym outside of doing some pushups/burpees during the day. But fortunately, I’ve still been shedding off the pounds. I haven’t weighed myself recently, but I feel so much better in my clothes and that’s what matters!
But I’ve found out it goes great in coffee! And with the one apple a day I tried getting a little creative with it. Frying the apple, in a a little butter in the skillet, along with Cinnamon Explosion Sauce makes the house smell amazing!
Then I took the amount of nuts that you’re allowed to eat per day with Personal Trainer Food, ground them up in a food processor. I then sprinkled them over the apples while frying. It gives the fried apples nice breaded/cobbler type of texture that hits the spot!
Honestly, even if you’re not on the Personal Trainer food program, you’ve gotta try out these butter sauces. Especially if you’re on a high fat/protein low carb/sugar diet. It keeps you sane, and they’re freaking amazing!
Fried Apples with Cinnamon Almond Glaze
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp PTF Cinnamon Explosion Butter Sauce You an substitute with 1 tbsp butter, 1tsp cinamon, 1/2 tsp splenda
- 6 whole almonds
- In a small skillet on medium heat, melt your butter. Slice your apple into wedges and place in the skillet
- Let them cook on once side for about 2 minutes, pour the Cinnamon Explosion butter sauce into the pan and turn the apples
- Grind down your almonds until they're a fine powder, It's okay if they're chunks left, just get about half down to a powder consistency.
- Top with the almonds and flip the apples, cooking for another 1-2 minutes until there's a nice brown on the apples. Pour some extra Cinnamon Explosion glaze on there if you want and enjoy!