Here’s a quick way to change it up for breakfast for the family: Breakfast sliders with cheese, egg and bacon on top of Hawaiian Dinner rolls!
This meal does take a little time when cooking for the family. Getting it all out at once and hot can be a challenge. If you want it all out at once, you can set the oven to about 125-175 (however low your oven will support), and place the sliders in there too keep them warm while the rest are cooking.
I just want to make you aware that this is on the higher end of the calorie range for breakfast. If you do the math, its near 700 calories per serving (3 sliders).
I chose whole wheat to get the calories down a little, but regardless, this should be treated as a “special occasion” breakfast. It’s ok to spurge every now and then!
On To The Recipe
Egg and Bacon Breakfast Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
- 8 whole eggs
- 12 Whole Wheat Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 oz sliced cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- Get the bacon cooked. Set aside.
- In a well buttered pan, crack 2 eggs wait until the bottom is white and starts to bubble. Flip.
- Once the egg is flipped, immediately top with cheese
- Cover the pan. The steam gets trapped in and will melt the cheese all the way through. If you're in a bind like me and don't have a lid to a pan, you can always use an old pan as a makeshift pan lid!
- After about 2 minutes, take the lid off, you'll have nice melted cheese and an egg that is almost cooked through.
- Take 3 rolls without seperating and cut down the middle.
- Take a spatula and place the egg on the rolls.
- Add bacon.
- Cut separate the rolls with a knife in a firm quick cut. Serve with a little Sriracha ketchup, or some other type of hot sauce and enjoy!