My favorite dessert is am Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich. During Easter season, it’s fun to take recipes and put a little “spring” in their step. #DadJoke Pastel M&M Cookies and loads of Easter-themed sprinkles makes this dessert perfect for this Easter season!
I took my soft and chewy Chocolate Chip cookie recipe and swapped out the chocolate chips with Easter themed M&M candy. Ice Cream Sandwiches are amazing, but its springtime, and you want to make fun and colorful Easter food right?!
When I told my son “Hey Dude, Dads going to make some cookies, alright?”. His first response was, “You’re not putting nuts in them right? Because I don’t like nuts!”. I try to change things up with some Hazelnut cookies, which were amazing, but to a toddler, not so much! So he was adamant I make them his way!
He won’t be disappointed when he comes home from school today to try his first homemade ice cream cookie sandwich. He loved the cookies by themselves, but in an ice cream sandwich his brain is going to melt!
Well, if he can get to them before my wife does! Her pregnancy cravings have been all sweet, all the time!
To make the perfect ice cream cookie sandwich will take a little waiting. It’s not something you can really enjoy the night of, unless you’re into soft ice cream sandwiches. It should sit in the freezer for at least 8 hours. It should last in the freezer for AT LEAST a week.
I’d say longer, but honestly, I don’t know how they’d last longer than a few days because they’re so darn good!
Easter Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour keep a another 1/4 cup on hand
- 1/2 cup m&ms pastel colored
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup sprinkles for that easter vibe
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix your softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a stand mixer or fork until it's evenly incorporated.
- Add the egg, baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract; mix until the egg is evenly incorporated.
- Begin stirring in your flour, about 1/2 cup at a time. If it looks too "sticky" add flour at a table spoon at a time until your dough holds it's shape when you take a spoonful. Optionally, you can put this in the fridge for 20 minutes so it holds better shape.
- Place 8 - liberally rounded tablespoon sized cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart. Top them with m&ms.
- Cooke for 8-12 minutes, until the center is no longer doughy. For my oven 10 minutes works. Let them sit for about 20 minutes so they are no longer warm to the touch.
- To make them into Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches, take a ice scream scoopful of vanilla ice cream, and place on the bottom side of one cookie. Carefully, but firmly press the other cookie on top.
- Add sprinkles all over the ice cream, then wrap in saran wrap and freeze over night. Then they're ready to eat! Enjoy!