Mint and chocolate were meant to be together. Especially during the holidays. Today I’m sharing these double chocolate mint and chip cookie bars that are easy to make, and taste amazing!
I’m not one to do a lot of baking. I leave that up to my wife as she’s got way more patience for that than I do! If I’m doing any baking, I’m finding ways to cut corners like using premade kits, or finding a shortcut to getting them baked.
And that’s how I discovered cookie bars. Add your chocolate mint and chip cookie dough into a 13 x 9 glass baking dish and you’ve cooked all your cookies in one batch and saved some time in the process!
Cookie bars are just plain fun, especially during the holidays I got festive and found some Christmas themed M&Ms that go perfect on top of the cookie bar.
They’re super chocolatey and have that hint of mint that I absolutely love. IF you’re a fan of chocolate and mint, then you’re going to want to make these double mint and chocolate chip cookie bars!
Double Chocolate Chip Mint M&Ms Cookie Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint m&m's
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside
- mix together brown sugar, white sugar, and softened butter in a stand mixer for about 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix for another minute.
- with the stand mixer on, slowly add flour mixture until fully mixed together. Add in chocolate chips
- place cookie dough in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish, and flatten out until evenly spread. Add min m&m’s on top. Place in oven for 18-23 minutes.