Breakfast and Pizza has got to be the best combo ever! Well Next to a Denver omelette. I love those things too! So what better than to combine the flavors of both and make the best breakfast pizza ever!!
If you have the right equipment this is a super easy recipe to through together. Rather than using the oven, I used a Bakerstone Pizza Oven Box that I got on an insane clearance at target. If you caught my Instagram stories a month ago you know what I’m talking about ; )
Any type of pizza oven will do, it really makes a huge difference in time and the way the pizza comes out vs, the conventional oven. Your breakfast pizza will taste much more authentic!
So the omelette part? Well here’s a funny story, I was initially planning on basing this off my supreme breakfast pizza recipe, but my wife can’t stand over easy eggs right now. Some things they she couldn’t stomach during her pregnancy are still sticking.
So I quickly scrambled one of the eggs on top of the pizza and said “Got you covered babe! your side is scrambled!”
But for me, its a runny egg, loads of bacon, cheese and bell peppers all day! But its quite tasty even to have a little scrambled egg on top of your pizza, so if you’re looking to change it up a little, try scrambling the egg!
Denver Omelette Breakfast Pizza
- 1/2 lb pizza dough
- 4 tbsp pizza sauce
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 whole eggs or more
- 5 strips bacon or more
- 1/2 cup mixed bellpeppers chopped
- Preheat a pizza oven to 600F. Cook bacon, and set aside.
- Roll out your pizza dough on to some flour so that it doesn't stick.Spread pizza sauce over dough with a spoon in a circular motion. Top with cheese
- Add chopped bell pepper, bacon top top of pizza, then crack a couple eggs on top. Optionally break up the egg with a fork to loosely scramble.
- Place in pizza oven for 5-7 minutes until egg is cooked thoroughly. Cut into slices and enjoy!