I LOVE mango salsa. I was apprehensive about it at first but It’s so light and full of flavor! Since I’ve first tried it, I love using it on about anything: burritos, nachos, tacos, sandwich wraps, burgers – it’s even delicious just eating it by the spoonful!
Who knew fruit other than a tomato goes great in salsa? The first time I even heard of mango salsa, my reaction was, “ummm, what? “. After trying it I was surprised that something like mango would go so well as a salsa. So I’ve concocted my own, and to liven things up a bit, I added some jalapeno and cucumber to it that really gives it a good bite and a mild spice that you’ll love!
This is such a quick and easy thing to make any night. Just chop everything up, mix it altogether and serve! I love having this or my pico de gallo handy during the week because it makes a quick dinner a little more special? Don’t have time to do anything for dinner? Cook up some quesadillas, with a side of beans and top it with some mango salsa!
And look at all the colors! Plenty of vitamins and nutrients to counteract that greasy quesadilla right?! I mean I’m no nutritionist, but I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. OK, maybe that’s not how it works, but I can always dream right?!
Cutting a Mango
I think the first time I tried cutting a mango I got pretty frustrated, thinking I could just cut it down the center without any problem. The fact is there is a hard center that you won’t be able to cut through. You’l want to cut the mango close to the center and along this hard “pit”. You can do this across 2 sides, and then get smaller spears if you want to get the full use out of 1 mango.
Recipes With Mango Salsa
On To The Recipe
Cucumber Mango Salsa
- 1 whole Mango
- 1 whole tomato
- 1/2 whole lime
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut Your Mango in half along the side of the pit. With your halves, slice vertically, then horizontally making cubes.
- Push the center of the mango from the skin side towards you so it makes all the cubs "pop" out, then with a spoon scoop out the mango and place in a bowl.
- Dice your tomato, cucumber, cilantro, jalapeno, and onion.
- Add all of it into the same bowl with the mango, squeeze the lime juice, and add salt.
- Mix it all together and you have a lovely cucumber mango salsa! Place in the fridge until you're read to use!