Cowboy Dogs are bacon wrapped hot dogs, drizzled with barbecue sauce, topped with cheese and fried onions.
This simple and delicious Cowboy Dog paired with BUSH’S® Homestyle Baked beans, is an easy weeknight meal the whole family is going to enjoy!
Don’t let looks fool you, this cowboy dog a really easy meal to put together.
I’m talking about wrapping up some hot dogs letting them bake or in my case I air fried them.
Then pour out a can of those beautiful beans from Bush’s® into a skillet and let them warm up in the oven.
I love that beans have so many health benefits. They are great for heart and gut health, and just a beautiful thing to add to any meal!
And Bush’s® Homestyle beans are so amazing straight out of the can, it’s a hands-off side to prep.
Even if you want to dress them up with a little brown sugar on top, or some hot sauce to add a little heat, it just makes something already beautiful that much better!
And when paired with these Cowboy Dogs, it just puts the whole theme together and makes for an amazing weeknight meal that feels like you’ve been in the kitchen all day.
With the crispiness of that bacon wrapped cowboy dog, to tangy sweetness and crunch from the BBQ sauce and fried onions.
Along with and sweet and savory Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans? This cowboy hotdog meal is going to go fast!
Cowboy Hot Dogs With Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans
- 28 oz can BUSHs Homestyle Baked Beans
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 strips of bacon
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup fried onions
- 4 brioche buns
- Pour can of Bush’s Homestyle Baked Beans into a small skillet. Place in the oven at 325 and let back for 15-20 minutes. Optionally you can add some brown sugar on top.
- For the Cowboy Dogs, pat dry hotdogs, wrap each one with bacon and place a toothpick through each end to keep the bacon from unwrapping if needed.
- Place bacon wrapped hotdogs on a skillet and cook for 15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked. Alternatively, you can air-fry at 400F for about 15 minutes until bacon is fully cooked.
- Place bacon wrapped hot dogs in a bun, garnish with barbecue sauce, cheese and fried onions and serve alongside an 8oz serving of Bush’s Homestyle Baked Beans per person. Enjoy!