This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods
When its cold and dark at 5 pm in the evening, nothing hits the spot like a good soup. This is coconut curry, made from scratch, is no exception to that rule. It’s hearty, with a little spice to it and you cant go wrong pairing it with a good crunchy bread.
Coming back from the grocery store with a bag full fresh mussels, scallops, with not a idea what I was going to make, opening the pantry to see Pacific Foods Coconut Beverage, and Vegetable Broth made the decision an easy one. Coconut Curry!
Just saute a little lemon grass, garlic, ginger and red curry paste. Combine with Pacific Foods Organic Coconut Beverage and Vegetable Broth and let those flavors come together and all you have to do is add the mussels and scallops at the end to bring this coconut curry soup to life!
It’s got a nice bright flavor from the lemon grass and ginger, with a little heat from the red curry paste that is out of this world. If I could try and describe it to someone who hasn’t tried this before it almost got a posole vibe.
If you haven’t had posole either well. Looks like you’ve got some cooking to do!
Coconut Curry with Mussels and Scallops
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 stalk lemon grass minced
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 32 oz Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 24 oz Pacific Foods Organic Coconut Beverage
- 1 lb live mussels cleaned and debeared
- 1 lb fresh scallops
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a medium to large stockpot, saute minced ginger, lemongrass and garlic, for about 2 minutes in about 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Pour in Pacific Foods Organic Coconut Beverage and Vegetable broth. let simmer for about 15 minutes, adding salt to taste.
- Add Mussels and Scallops and cover the pot. Let simmer for another 4-6 minutes until all the mussels are opened and scallops are opaque. Top with cilantro and serve with bread. Enjoy!