Chili Dog Sliders are a fun way to change up your chili night. Slightly fried hot dogs on a slider bun, topped with a hearty chili and melted cheese is all you need to get the taste buds ready to go!
For the chili, I am always a fan of throwing beans in, even if it’s going on a chili dog slider. And since nobody knows beans better than BUSH’S® Beans I am using BUSH’S Pinto Beans as my weapon of choice.
BUSH’S cares deeply about what’s in their food, and how they make it. And that’s why I’m always looking out for that BUSH’S logo when I’m going down the bean aisle!
This is a quick 30-minute chili, just long enough for all the flavors to get to melt together, your hot dogs fried up and cheese grated. It beats a plain old can of chili, and everyone who is enjoying these will taste that extra bit of love you have put in them!
It has got bits of diced tomato, ground beef, a solid combo of chili seasonings, and the added BUSH’S Pinto Beans give it that heartiness to your chili dog slider that you are going to love.
I think what is awesome about this recipe is you can either make it all on one day because it’s a quick and mostly hands-off recipe because you’re spending the most time allowing your chili to simmer.
Or you can make the chili one night and have it on its own, then use the leftover chili the next night for a chili dog slider night! And with the busy weeks I have been dealing with, a two-for is always a welcome recipe!
I am excited to have partnered with BUSH’S Beans and joined their #beansquad to bring you some bean content over the next few months!
Chili Dog Sliders
- 2 15 oz cans BUSH’S Pinto Beans or BUSH’S PINTO BEANS IN A MILD CHILI SAUCE
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp masa flour optional, regular flour will work too
- 12 slider rolls
- 6 oz grated cheese
- 3-4 hot dogs
- 1 tbsp butter optional
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown your ground beef and drain; about 5 minutes.
- Wipe down the pan, and bring the drained brown beef back to the pan, add BUSH’S Pinto Beans, canned diced tomatoes and stir together.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and pepper. Let simmer for about 25-30 minutes on medium-low heat, then stir in flour to thicken it up if desired. Turn down heat to low.
- While chili is simmering, cut hot dogs in half lengthwise, then crosswise (so you have 4 halved hot dog bites per hot dog) Place in a skillet or small pan on medium-high heat with butter and let brown for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place hot dogs on a bun, top with chili, grated cheese and enjoy!