Chicken and Egg in a breakfast bowl?! It surprisingly works and is addictingly delicious! For the last few months we’ve been eating these Chicken and Scrambled Egg Hash Brown Bowls for breakfast from a breakfast spot near us, but I had to make my own version and share it because I love it that much!
For this breakfast, it takes no time at all to put together. I’m using frozen popcorn chicken and hashbrowns, don’t even preheat the oven. Just set it to 450 and cook the chicken and hashbrowns together on a cooling rack to keep them nice and crispy on both sides.
Then crack your eggs, scramble them and cook them on the stove. The chicken and hashbrowns will be close to (if not completely) done by the time the eggs are cooked. If not just set the eggs aside and wait.
When you have your chicken and egg hash brown bowls all put together, you may want to put them on the top rack in the oven to melt that cheese. Unless you have a salamander broiler, if you have one of those then you’re gold!
But honestly, who the heck has one of those in their kitchen. An more importantly, if you do, can I come over?!
Chicken and Scrambled Egg Hash Brown Bowl
- 1/2 lb frozen popcorn chicken
- 1/2 lb frozen hash brown bites
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Place hash brown bites and popcorn chicken on a cooling rack and place in the oven and set it to 450. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, until fully cooked.
- While the hash browns and chicken are cooking, crack eggs into a bowl and mix with a fork, add a little salt for flavor. Cook in a non-stick pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until eggs are fully cooked. Take pan off heat and set aside.
- Split up hash browns, chicken and eggs evenly to serve 4 people and place into a bowl. I like to cut up the chicken into smaller bite size pieces as well. Top with cheese and place in the top rack of the oven to melt the cheese. Serve with a little salsa or hot sauce and enjoy!!