Creamy Carrot and Ginger Cashew Alfredo. Its the perfect way to add a little zing to your weeknight meals. Top this twist on Alfredo sauce on zoodles and you’ve got a guilt free dinner that is delicious!
Using Pacific Foods Cream Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup to make a spin on Alfredo and I wanted to keep if dairy free. The weight loss program I’m on prohibits dairy so this is perfect for me!
For the Alfredo, Thickened up with a little almond milk, clarified butter and almond flour as a roux, to turn the soup into a roux. Then added Pacific Foods creamy Cashew Carrot Ginger soup and let it reduce.
I also added a little onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper and some red chili flakes to add some extra punch!
I recently had a check up, and the doctor tells me “Ok, you’ve gained 30 pounds in the last year, and your blood pressure is through the roof!”
Definitely not what you want to hear, even though you kind of already saw the writing on the wall
So the next few months are turning into a mission to get those numbers down. Eating a little healthier, and cleaner I think will really help that.
What types of recipes do you look for when trying to cut back on your weight? I’d love to research them and share as well!
Carrot Ginger Cashew Alfredo
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Creamy Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cups zucchini noodles
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- In a pan, whisk clarified butter and almond flour vigorously over medium high heat until a roux forms. Whisk in almond milk until smooth.
- Pour in Pacific Foods Creamy Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup and stir in onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper, simmer for about 5-10 minutes until thick and creamy, then take off heat.
- In a separate pan, heat up zucchini noodles over medium low heat for about 2-3 minutes. Serve on a plate, and pour over the Alfredo sauce, and top with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Enjoy!