I’ve found a new passion in life. And its whiskey sauce burgers! It makes for an amazing burger that is definitely something you may need a fork and knife for…
Since I’ve upgraded my grill, I’ve been on a grilling kick, and this recipe is definitely a product of that. I wanted to make a delicious burger that as just sinful and gluttonous and I think this whiskey sauce burger turned out to be!
I cooked up some bacon and caramelized onion on the side burner of my grill. While the burgers were cooking I added some Whiskey, Worcestershire, black pepper and some brown sugar, then let that cook down.
The whiskey sauce tops on this burgers and soaks into the bun making it SO delicious. It’s got sweet and savory covered and takes your burger to the next level!
For the burger itself, I suggest keeping it simple, seasoning your patty with a little salt and pepper, and let the grill do its thing. With this bacon and caramelized onion whiskey sauce slathered all over it, you’re not going to have any issues in the flavor department!
Caramelized Onions and Bacon Whiskey Sauce Burger
- 8 strips bacon cut into pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 ounce whiskey
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the Burger
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef a heavy pound if you want bigger burgers
- 2 slices cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the Whiskey Sauce
- In a skillet on medium heat, cook down your bacon; about 10 minutes. Set bacon aside.
- in the same skillet, brown your onions for about 5 minutes, then add brown sugar. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add whiskey, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Let this cook down for about 2-3 minutes. simmer on the side burner while the burgers are cooking.
For the burger
- Form about quarter lb patties (I prefer third pound) season each side with salt and pepper.
- With your grill heated to about 450F, place your burgers on the grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- flip and place off heat. Cook for another 5-6 minutes with cheese melting on top.
- Place burgers on burns with lettuce, and top with that whiskey sauce. Enjoy!