Regardless if you’re looking for a low-carb option, or just want a really delicious meal – this Butter Garlic Chicken is for you!
Chicken filets dredged in parmesan cheese and pork rind panko, then sauteed in butter in garlic until beautifully golden brown. Placed over a bed of some caulflower rice and you’ve got a dinner done in around 20 minutes everyone will love.
If you’re a keto nut, or like me and love to use it to shed some of that winter coat this dish is perfect for that! It’s low carb, great source of portein and got that fat you need for energy!
And just becuase we’re lowering the carb intake doesn’t meat we get to miss out on the good stuff.
I’ve been sitting on a tub of pork rind panko, and immediately thought of it for the garlic butter chicken recipe. Along with some parm and a dash of my italian seasoning (shop here), this makes the perfect base for this dish.
On its own, maybe dredged in an egg and double coated, you’d actually have a killer low-carb chicken parm cutlet using this combo.
I might actually need to try that out and share the results now that I think about it..
While the chicken sets up, all I’m doing in sautéing a few cloves of garlic in a healthy portion of butter. It’s simple and lets those flavors become the start of the show.
And if you’ve only listened to one thing I’ve ever said/typed – DO NOT OVER TURN YOUR CHICKEN!
I’m talking, turning once! Let it sit and Sautee in that butter for about 5-6 minutes on one side. Then turn and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or so. Until the internal temp is 165 F.
By letting your chicken sit and not turn you’re letting chicken brown and caramelize in order to get all kinds of flavor and texture built in.
And don’t over thing cauliflower rice. Of course you can grab a head of cauliflower, toss it in a food processor and get some freshly crumbled cauliflower for your rice.
But when I can get a bag of cauliflower crumbles for a buck more and save myself from
a mess an additional mess in the kitchen on a weeknight its well worth it!
One final thing, when cooking the cauliflower rice don’t be afraid of all the extra bits in the pan from cooking the chicken first. deglaze it with a little chicken broth and let it cook down.
And if you see liquid starting to form, definitly strain it out and finish your cauliflower rice on high to dry it out a bit.
My garlic butter chicken dinner that came together relatively fast and one the whole family actually ate!
Yes, I’m having a hard time believing that typing it as much as you are reading it!
Garlic Butter Chicken on Cauliflower Rice
- 4 chicken breast thin sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pork rind panko or any other low carb breading substitute
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tbsp butter 4 tbsp separated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 lb cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup italian parsley
- 1 lemon sliced
- In a large plate, combine pamesan, pork panko, and italia seasoning. Season each chicken breast with salt, then dreged in parmesan/panko mixture
- Heat a pan over medium heat with olive oil, 4 tbsp butter; sautee garlic until aromatic.
- Place chicken in pan and let cook for about 5 -7 minutes on on side, then flip. Add remaining butter and a squeeze of lemon juice; continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- deglaze pan with a chicken broth. Add in Cauliflower rice and let cook for about 4-5 minutes. Strain liquid and return cauliflower rice back to pan. Stir in Italian parsley and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with chicken, garnish with cracked pepper, italian parsley and lemon sliced. Enjoy!