Making a Buffalo Turkey Burger has got to be on your to do list this summer. It has just a hint of heat that you’d expect from a buffalo wing sauce, and a lovely crunch from a celery and carrot bleu cheese slaw that and comes together in no time!
I took Jennie-O Ground turkey, and added a little Buffalo wing sauce while mixing it together to form patties. I also played around with adding some bleu cheese dressing into the patties as well to keep the the burgers nice and juicy while basting it with more wing sauce on the grill.
Speaking of Jennie-O They’re having a KILLER giveaway this where you can enter to win a Big Green Egg XL!
These buffalo turkey burgers came out amazing!
This is a great way to have a side option for your guests who don’t care too much for a beef burger and is so easy to put together. Heck, I’d even opt for this burger over my usual beef in a heartbeat!
The slaw – if you want to call it that – really ties this burger together, it gives you the “I’m eating hot wings” vibe all in one bite. And I cant saw enough about the crunch it adds to the burgers. It’s a total party burger!
Buffalo Turkey Burger with Celery Carrot and Bleu Cheese Slaw
- 1 lb Jennie O Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp hot wing sauce with some more on the side to drizzle
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese dressing
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 whole brioche buns
- In a bowl mix ground turkey, wing sauce, seasoning with a little salt and pepper. Form 2 half pound patties
- In a separate bowl, combine chopped carrots, chopped celery, bleu cheese dressing, and apple cider vinegar. store in the fridge until ready to serve
- place turkey burgers on the grill over medium high heat, flip about every 3 minutes and drizzle a little more buffalo wing sauce on each turn. Take off heat once internal temperature is 165F
- Place on bun with a healthy serving of that celery and carrot slaw. Enjoy!