I’ve been wanting to share this buffalo chicken waffle sandwich for almost a year now. I’ve been waiting for summer to his again and now is the time to share this amazing sandwich!
It’s everything you’d expect when eating spicy buffalo chicken wing, but in sandwich form, but in waffle form! I threw together a slaw that is a combo of bleu cheese, carrots and celery that is perfect to go on top of this sandwich!
I was on a kick of waffle sandwiches when I had the idea (not that this is SUPER unique) but I wanted to add some sort of twist to it, and i’ve never seen these sandwiches with a topping to go on it, other than the usual. This carrot and celery slaw makes biting into this waffle sandwich everything you’d want, without the messy finger!
And to make this a super simple recipe to prep, don’t get crazy with the buffalo sauce, just go grab some off the shelf stuff and call it a day. I love making sauces from scratch, but when it’s summer time and you just want to be outside grilling, keeping prep quick is sometimes more important!
Basting the sauce while your grill the chicken, then adding a little more after the face really sets in that buffalo wing flavor, and keeps this a lighter meal by not frying. Although I’m not going to lie, a fried chicken version of this would probably be amazing! You could easily do this with the Chicken And Waffle recipe I have, and just top the fried chicken will buffalo sauce at the end.
Pretty much all of this can be made in advanced too! Get your slaw made, and don’t waste time on making waffle mix, just use some frozen stuff! You’ll have this cooked up in about 10 minutes and getting everyone super excited for dinner!
On To The Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Waffle Sandwich
Carrot and Celery Slaw
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese
Buffalo Chicken sandwich
- 4 half chicken breasts
- 4 whole frozen belgian waffles
- 8 oz buffalo wing sauce
- Mix carrots, celery, mayo, apple cider vinegar, and bleu cheese in a bowl for your slaw. Place in the fridge until ready to serve
- Grill your chicken breasts, seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
- baste your chicken on each side, turning about every 1 minute and basting again. About 7-10 minutes until 165 F internal temperature. Set aside and toss with more buffalo sauce.
- Cook your waffles, place some lettuce and tomato then your chicken and top with the carrot celery slaw inside your waffle. Enjoy!