Are you getting into action in Rio as much as I am?! We’re big into the summer games in our house, with swimming, gymnastics and soccer being the big attractions for us. So, in celebration of the games in Rio, I thought I’d share this Brazilian Meat Skewer with Red Chimichurri Sauce recipe!
These Brazilian Meat Skewers are packed with flavor using pork tenderloin and strip steak, marinated with McCormick Grill Mates Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade as the main spice – it’s really amazing!
The Brazilian Meat Skewers, combined with a spicy Red Chimichurri Sauce, makes for an amazing and festive meal to sit down and celebrate this year’s games out in Rio!
But it’s not just Rio that make this a great time to cook up these Brazilian Meat Skewers. McCormick has put together a Flavor Forecast that identifies Bold Brazilian Sauces as an emerging flavor for this summer in their annual report.
I chopped my leftovers into smaller bites and threw them in a corn tortilla topped with the Red Chimichurri Sauce – best leftovers ever! I also used it on a breakfast omelette. If a sauce can make me sweat and my nose run, it’s going on everything!
I chopped my leftovers in to smaller bites, threw it in a corn tortilla topped with the Red Chimichurri Sauce. Best leftovers ever! I also used it on a breakfast omelette. If a sauce can make me sweat and my nose run, it’s going on everything!
This is a super simple meal to prep and cook. Just blend the sauce, marinate the meat, grill and you’re all set to enjoy the bold flavors of Brazil while rooting for your country this summer!
This post has been sponsored by McCormick Grill Mates. As always, all opinions are my own!
Brazilian Meat Skewers With Red Chimichurri Sauce
Red Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 whole red bell pepper stemmed and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro packed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 whole jalapeno stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp McCormick® Cumin, Ground
- 1 tsp McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Paprika, Smoked
- 1/4 tsp McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed
Brazilian Meat Skewers
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lb pork tenderloin cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless new york strip steak cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
For the Red Chimichurri
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender; cover. Process just until finely chopped; Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
For the Brazilian Meat Skewers
- Mix Marinade Mix, oil, water and vinegar in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for brushing. Place pork and steak into separate large resealable plastic bags or glass dishes. Divide remaining marinade evenly among the pork and steak; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove both meats from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread pork and steak onto skewers.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is to desired doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade.
- Serve with the Red Chimichurri sauce and enjoy!