Sometimes making things simple is the best way to approach a good solid recipe. My frisco burger recipe is just that. Simple ingredients, nothing crazy but letting all the flavors come together on their own is what makes this the best way to do a frisco burger
Unlike my standard burger recipe, I keep the seasoning simple here. There’s so many other wonderful flavors going on, I want the beef to do what it does best. Be… beef? Yeah that’s how you say it, be beef. (hit me up about my be beef shirt design!)
My burger is seasoned with just a little salt, pepper, garlic and a bit of ketchup, while its coming to room temperature I’ll make an easy secret sauce, with kethcup, mayo and dill relish. While grilling the beef, top with with cheese, and go ahead and grill your sourdough to get a nice crunch going on as well.
These frisco burgers are highly addicting. My only gripe is I can normally eat only one, because it will tear up the roof of my mouth. Almost like captain crunch with berries. Am I the only one that has that problem?!
Again, this is simple flavors, put together well and comes together great. If you’re looking for a different way to do a burger, you’ve gotta do a frisco burger. It’s one of my favorite ways to change up my burgers during the summer!
The best and EASIEST Frisco Burger Recipe
FOR THE BURGER
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 16 slices sourdough bread
FOR THE SPREAD
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp dill relish
FOR THE GARNISH
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 medium tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix your ketchup, salt, pepper and garlic into your ground beef. Don't over work it. Just enough to get everything evenly incorporated. Form your meat into 8 patties, and let rest for about 10 minutes to bring them up to room temp.
- While your ground beef are coming up to room, mix ketchup, mayo and dill relish together to make your secret sauce. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Grill your burgers over medium heat for about 7 minutes, then flip and add cheese. Continue cooking for about another 5-7 minutes until the center temp is about 135-140F for medium. Add sourdough onto the grill to toast.
- Assemble burger with spread, burger, lettuce, tomato, and even some guacamole. Enjoy!