This bananas foster skillet cake is out of this world! It’s a bit of breakfast meets dessert with Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas. It’s so satisfying and luxurious, you have to try it!
I’m using Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas because it’s blended with real banana purée, so there is no artificial banana flavor. Using it in this skillet cake recipe
, gives it a banana bread meets dutch baby vibe that I’m really digging!
Almond Breeze is a refreshing, delicious, and versatile plant-based almondmilk that will easily fit into any recipe that typically calls for dairy. Plus, Almond Breeze has a wide variety of different (sweetened and unsweetened) flavors including Vanilla and Chocolate! What’s not to love?!
Once your Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas is blended into your skillet cake batter, add to a skillet with a couple tablespoons of butter in a pan that has been preheated at 475° F.
Just pop it in the oven and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
This gives you plenty of time to make up a quick batch of bananas foster for the topping.
If you are a banana fan, this is the perfect recipe for you. It’s a great Sunday brunch dish or paired with a scoop of ice cream for a decadent dessert, this really checks the mark
s for a great recipe!
The banana skillet cake goes well on its own with a crisp outer crust, and hearty center that has a hint of almond and banana from Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas.
And don’t let the toppings ideas stop you. Feel free to add other fruit to the mix! Strawberries and blueberries paired with the bananas foster would be amazing as well!
Bananas Foster Skillet Cake
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas
- ¾ cup all- purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar for topping
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup golden brown sugar
- 3 tbsp rum
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, eggs and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas until evenly incorporated; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 475°F with a 12” skillet on the middle rack. When the oven is preheated, take the skillet out and place 2 tbsp butter in the skillet and let it melt. Pour in the batter and place back in the oven; cook for 15 minutes.
- While the skillet cake is cooking, melt butter and brown sugar in a pan over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Once the sugar is melted, add in rum.
- When the mixture is bubbly, add in bananas and walnuts. Cook until bananas are warm.
- When the skillet cake is done, pour bananas foster over the top. Top with powdered sugar and serve.