3 hours 30 minutes
Bruschetta, is my favorite Italian appetizer. It goes great on a crusty bread, or can even be used as a topping for sandwiches, salads or chicken.
My brushetta has a kick of balsamic vinegar, and a touch of herbs for an added oomph to make this a hit at home!
This bruschetta recipe is easy and delicious. When I know dinner is going to take a bit because you know.. gotta get that content for the gram and tiktok!
I’ve been growing crops in the backyard, and my basil, oregano and thyme were ready for picking, which is perfect for this recipe. You want fresh, in-season ingredients to really make bruschetta shine.
The one ingredient I dropped the ball on was the parmesan. I TOTALLY forgot it at the store before making this, but fortunately had some grated parm at home. So if you don’t have fresh parm, don’t sweat it – the grated stuff works as well.
But if you can, go for fresh!
And the add of balsamic vinegar ads such a good flavor so you gotta go with this version of it. I feel its so versitaill and, the juice over a crusty bread is so good!
Balsamic Herb Bruschetta
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan fresh works too
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 loaf french bread sliced and toasted.
- chop roma tomatoes into 1/4 inch cubes and place in a bowl. season with salt and pepper.
- Add in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, finely minced garlic or use a press and stir into mixture.
- Thinly slice basil and oregano and stir into tomato mixture along with parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes. Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes or if desired, serve immediately with sliced bread.