It’s that time of year again, where you can gorge yourself until you pop and its OK its thanksgiving! Everyone brings their favorite sides or hopes someone else brought their favorite side. This year I’m bringing Thanksgiving Stuffing Fritters!
I made some cornbread stuffing and used Ralph’s Private Selection Center Cut Bacon to give them a little special flavor to them! But that wasn’t enough.
I decided to batter this stuffing up, fry them and serve them as fritters along with a jalapeno and fresh cranberry sauce to give everyone something to really enjoy!
There’s something about these that really make them quite comforting! This Thanksgiving Stuffing Fritters have a nice crunch on the outside, then a warm comfort of thanksgiving hits you with the cornbread stuffing.
My favorite part about this recipe? The smokiness coming out from the Center Cut Bacon, topped off with sweet and spicy jalapeno cranberry sauce. SO GOOD!
These are perfect to bring to a Thanksgiving, Friend-giving, or even just a little pre-thanksgiving appetizer. Which is something we do a lot in the month of November!
And make plenty of the cranberry sauce because it goes great on everything!
Frying up these thanksgiving stuffing fritters does take some effort. I recommend having a using a dutch oven, or fryer if you have one to help cook more fritters at once. This will totally help keep time to a minimum.
Quick Tip: Cook your bacon and stuffing ahead of time, and all you’ll need to do is make the batter and fry your fritters when its time to serve!
Thanks to Ralph’s for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.
Bacon Thanksgiving Stuffing Fritters with Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
For the Stuffing
- 8 strips Center Cut Bacon
- 12 oz cornbread stuffing
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
For the Batter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
For the Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 4 slices jalapeno add more for more spice
For the fritters
- In a large pan, melt your butter, then brown celery and onions in the butter. In a separate pan cook your bacon
- Stir in Corn bread stuffing and Chicken Broth. When bacon is finished cooking, chop up and stir into stuffing. Set Aside.
- In a dutch oven add vegetable oil and heat to 375F. Mix all your batter ingredients, starting with dry, then wet.
- When the oil is ready, roll your stuffing into palm size balls, dip in the batter, then immediately into the oil. Fry for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on a rack.
For the Cranberry Sauce
- In a pan bring water and cranberries to a boil. Stir in agave and jalapenos. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve your Thanksgiving Stuffing Fritters along side some of that amazing jalapeno cranberry sauce and enjoy!