This Bacon Corn Tomato salad, is light zesty and refreshing. To turn an amazing side into an awesome dinner I’m topping it with some grilled scallops to bring it all together.
It’s the perfect warm weather dinner to bring to the table!
So this salad is a mixture of grilled corn, tomatoes and cilantro, and shallots. For the “dressing” I’m using a little olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
Then I added some bacon because – bacon.
This is a quick recipe, the scallops will grill up about the same time as the corn will be done. I grilled them bother over direct high heat on the grill.
I like my corn to be charred on the outside, but not well done on the inside. It adds flavor but keeps the texture of the corn.
For the scallops I’m keeping them simple. lemon juice, salt and pepper. Nothing fancy since I want the flavor of the salad to be the spotlight of this recipe.
Feel free to add a little more flavor to your grilled scallops. Maybe a little cumin or crushed red pepper too to bring on the heat!
Also, I’m using cilantro, but this can be subbed out with some parsley, or even flat leaf Italian parsley to add a different flavor to your bacon corn tomato salad.
This is the type of dish I can eat for either lunch or dinner! Especially with picky kids at the table I’ll sometimes make this for the wife and myself for lunch.
Because there’s no way I’m getting kids to eat scallops!
I’ve barely just got the kids acclimated to steak. One step at a time!
Bacon Corn Tomato Salad with Grilled Scallops
- 8 oz cooked bacon
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 small shallot
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Chop bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook in a pan over medium heat. Drain and set aside
- While the bacon is cooking, slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to a large bowl along with chopped shallots, cilantro and set aside.
- For the scallops, pat dry and place in a bowl with juice from a whole lemon. let sit for about a minute or two while your grill is preheating on high heat.
- Place corn and scallops on grill over direct heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Turn after about 5 minutes, then continue cooking until scallops are opaque all the way through. about 7-10 minutes
- Your corn should be nice and charred by this time too. Pull everything off the grill and cut the kernels off the corn with a knife. Place into the bowl with the tomatoes and shallots. Add bacon, salt pepper, oil and vinegar.
- Serve topped with grilled scallops and enjoy!