Roasted Cabbage steaks are an amazing way to have a light, healthy and well-balanced meal.
With a simple mustard vinaigrette and topped with loads of crispy bacon and bleu cheese, this is great way to stick to your resolution goals!
This is always the time of the year where I tend to eat healthier to try and shed that winter coat. I’m a fan of doing keto style diets which still allows me to enjoy my favorite food group – BACON!
Farmer John Bacon is my go-to. Their products are high-quality and packed with plenty of protein to help me hit those macro goals.
While it’s important to eat healthier, it’s also important to have balance. I can’t count how many times I’ve burned out because I can’t eat what I want.
Farmer John gets that – they’re big on having a balanced mindset and approach, not deprivation, which makes them a perfect partner for this amazing recipe!
With this roasted cabbage steak recipe, you get a lot of amazing bold flavors from a short list of ingredients.
From the zesty flavor of the Dijon mustard vinaigrette to the bold smoky flavor of Farmer John Classic Bacon, it’s going to be in your regular rotation.
Plus, there’s pretty much no guilt in going in for seconds.
With the insanely cold weather we’ve been having, I have been in no mood to be outside grilling, so roasting these cabbage steaks in the oven was a no-brainer.
But as it gets warmer, I highly recommend trying this recipe out on the grills. The char you get on the cabbage is amazing.
If you’re looking for a family-friendly weekend activity, join Farmer John on Sunday, February 17th at the 41st Annual L.A. Chinatown Firecracker Run/Walk & Kiddie Run.
It’s an event to promote health, fitness and cultural awareness in the greater Los Angeles community. Farmer John will be serving up their delicious new breakfast sausage links at the finish line.
For more information and to register, visit Firecracker10k.org.
Farmer John products are available at local grocery stores including Smart & Final, Stater Brothers, Albertsons, Ralphs, and Northgate.
Bacon & Bleu Cheese Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 package Farmer John Classic Bacon
- 1 head cabbage
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coarse ground Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Pre heat oven to 450 F. Cook bacon in a pan until done, let rest on a paper towel to drain excess drippings. Chop into ½ inch pieces and set aside in a bowl. Reserve ¼ cup of the drippings.
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil, bacon drippings, apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard until evenly incorporated.
- Cut cabbage into 1 ½ inch steaks and place on a cooking sheet. Brush on a thick, even layer of the mustard vinaigrette. Cook for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Top with Bleu Cheese, green onion and a heavy handful of bacon. Enjoy!