These Apricot Mustard Glazed Sausage Sliders are the perfect way to bring in tailgating season. They’re smoky, sweet and have got a bit of heat.
Trust me, you’re going to want to double batch this recipe because they’re going to go fast!
For the sausage slider, I grilled up a pack of Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links over lump charcoal to really accentuate that amazing smoked flavor.
Eckrich’s smoked sausages are naturally hardwood smoked with just the right blend of spices. I loved just biting into these Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausages and getting a burst of juiciness, and bold cheesy and spicy flavor!
But to take them to that next level, I decided to brush on a from-scratch apricot Dijon mustard glaze. The sweet caramelization adds a “sweet with some heat” flavor profile to these sausages that everyone is going to love.
Whether in the comfort of home, or out on the tailgate for College Football Playoff, everyone is going to love these apricot mustard glazed sausage sliders!
And speaking of College Football Playoff, Eckrich is holding a sweepstakes as the Official Smoked Sausage and Deli Meat of the College Football Playoff called the “Road to the National Championship” (Visit www.EckrichFootball.com [CG2] for details and to enter for a chance to
Fans around the country will have a chance to make a 15-yard throw for $1 Million at some of the biggest college football games during the season.
Out in my neck of the woods, Eckrich will be holding this sweepstakes on November 23rd in Los Angeles, at the UCLA vs Cal. Game.
I might have to try and get Brayden in on the fun. He’s been really taking to throwing the football around, and I must admit – the kid throws better spirals than I do!
If you’re planning on taking this recipe along with you to a tailgate, you can make the apricot mustard glaze ahead of time.
It comes together in about 5 minutes, so just make it the night before, place it in an airtight container.
To re-heat, place it in a skillet over indirect heat on the grill while your Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links are cooking.
To be the MVP of your next tailgate or homegate, visit www.Eckrich.com for recipe inspiration, product information, and where to buy.
Apricot Mustard Glazed Smoked Sausage Sliders
- 6 Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links
- 16 slider rolls
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced onions
FOR THE APRICOT MUSTARD GLAZE
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar can be substituted with a fruit juice
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
FOR THE APRICOT GLAZE:
- In a medium saucepan, bring apricot preserves, nectar, mustard and salt to a simmer. Still occasionally to let it evenly combine. Simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
FOR THE SLIDERS:
- Preheat grill to 450F with a two-zone grill. Cut sausages lengthwise and cook over indirect heat.
- Baste sausages with apricot mustard glaze every minute or so. Cook for about 5 minutes flipping 2 ½ minutes through.
- Place sliced peppers and onions in a skillet with a little olive oil over direct heat and let them sauté for about 5 minutes. Let rest over indirect heat.
- Finish the sausages by placing over direct heat to give them a char and baste a final time. Cut in half and place on sliders with additional apricot mustard glaze, and top with peppers and onions. Enjoy!