I love my grilled chicken to have big bold flavors. Especially when turning it into sandwich meat. For today’s recipe, I’m throwing together a quick apple butter and rosemary injection for chicken breasts. Coated with a rub and then put on the grill.
This will make for an amazing chicken sandwich that can be served hot or cold!
This is the perfect make-ahead recipe. You can cook your chicken over the weekend and store in the fridge for the week. When you’re ready to serve, just slice into thin 1/4″ slices and serve on bread with your favorite toppings.
The chicken itself has a little sweet and savory going on from the apple rosemary injection, with a little kick from the rub that has salt, pepper and paprika. This is my kind of lazy Sunday dinner. Serve everything up on the table, and let the family make their grilled chicken sandwiches on their own.
Look at that crust on this chicken. It’s almost as good as the bark on my pulled pork! I may be a little biased though..
I had a lot of fun making this on Facebook live with brayden. He’s turning into quite the ham on video and maybe I should just let him run the show! If you missed that, you can check it out over here.
Apple Rosemary Injected Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 2 halves chicken breast
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary chopped
- in a cup, combine melted butter, apple juice and rosemary stir, load into a syringe for injection.
- With your injector, make a pocket into the chicken breast and squeeze injector into ever few inches until you see a little juice squeeze out.
- Lightly pat dry, and coat with salt, pepper, and paprika rub. Place on grill over high heat and cook until internal temperature is 165. About 7-10 minutes. Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into 1/4 inch strips against the grain. Load it up on your favorite sandwich toppings and enjoy!