I’ve been on a mission lately to get my son excited about food. His current obsession is tostadas and I thought “Hey! I can make a tostada bowl!” Letting him put in whatever toppings, no matter how plain it’d be to get him into eating dinner.
For the adults? Snazz it up and make it a 7 layer bean dip tostada bowl!
I found an easy way to make your own tostada bowls using the back of a cupcake pan and laying the tortillas in between the cupcake molds.
It’s a lot easier to get them to stay if you have them warm. I also found some “artisan” tortillas that were already more flexible than a standard corn tortilla so that helped!
The best part about the tortilla bowls is you can save them for later making leftover night a super quick and fun meal. Or add a little cinnamon and sugar, then top with ice cream for dessert!!
I topped my tortilla bowl off with my favorite guacamole and habanero salsa and it was quite delicious. But the flavors are too much for my picky eater. He literally just wants beans and cheese. Nothing else. -_-
Whatever gets him to eat at this point. Honestly, nothing is more frustrating than having to make or buy something your child says he wants, then immediately decides he doesn’t really want to eat much of it.
It’s basically my life right now! So if he’ll eat something happily I’ll take it, and this is one of those recipes!
On To The Recipe
7 Layer Bean Dip Tostada Bowl
- 8 whole corn tortillas
- 32 oz refried beans
- 8 oz grated cheese
- 2 cups guacamole
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz salsa
- 8 oz can sliced black olives optional
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions optional
- Preheat oven to 375. On cupcake tins flips upside down, place warm tortillas in between the molds, so that they form bowls.
- brush with a little oil and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Add beans, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, olive and green onions to taste. Serve and Enjoy!