I love me a good cookbook from time to time. It helps me find new recipes to try and ideas to put together new dishes of my own. Schweid and Sons sent me over a link to their cookbook, and I liked what I saw, so I had to give a shot at one of their recipes.
This amazing Taco Beer Cheese Cheesy Taco Beer Dip with a Taco Seasoning Recipe from scratch!Dip caught my eye, and I couldn’t resist but put together my own taco seasoning for the recipe!
This Taco Beer Cheese Dip is great to throw together for a get together, game night or watching your team get knocked out of the playoffs. Yeah 2 weeks later, I’m still salty about my LA Kings being eliminated. But stuffing my face with this Cheesy Taco Beer Dip helps me get through this.
I also used Schweid And Sons ground beef, and I’ve honestly have to say, the quality is top notch. Coming from working at a meat department in my younger days I can spot good quality ground beef a mile away! Good quality grind, not too much fat, and very fresh!
Which brings me to their free cookbook, “This is Not A Hamburger Cook Book“, contains over 40 ways to to use ground beef that for dishes besides burgers. A lot of good looking recipes in there so make sure you give it a look!
This Cheesy Taco Beer Dip immediately caught my eye and I had to make it. It is a very simple dip to put together – using my homemade beer, and lots of cheese (two of my faves) and is a very flexible recipe to put together.
I’m also including my taco seasoning recipe from scratch, and if you want to get a little fancy try using my pico de gallo recipe as well for the salsa!
The taco seasoning that I put together is a simple traditional taco seasoning. With a little smokiness from some smoked paprika that I just can’t get enough of, it gives it a breath of life into the taco seasoning! It goes really well in this Cheesy Taco Beer Dip.
Honestly, I don’t even know how I got through life before smoked paprika.
On To The Recipe
Cheesy Taco Beer Dip with Taco Seasoning From Scratch
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
Cheesy Taco Beer Dip
- 1 lb ground beef Schweid & Sons Butcher’s Blend, 90/10 if possible
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 can light beer
- 1/3 jar salsa about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup milk more if needed depending on desired consistency
- On medium heat in a cast iron skillet add ground beef and taco seasoning. A little EVOO may be needed-or a non-stick pan can be used.
- Cook until no longer pink (depending on the fat content you may need to drain).
- Use beer to de-glaze the pan. Let alcohol cook out. Add salsa. Cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
- In a separate saucepan: On medium-low heat, add cream cheese, shredded cheese, and milk. Melt and combine completely.
- Incorporate cheese sauce to meat mixture. Cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm as a dip, or if you want to crank it up, smother on top of a burrito for "oven style" goodness. Enjoy!
This post was sponsored by Schweid And Sons. As always, all opinions are my own!